Here are the 10 reasons to visit Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
1. The Galapagos Islands – is literally no other place on Earth like the Galapagos Islands. Because of its extreme isolation and lack of human settlements for a very long time, flora and fauna of these islands have evolved special leading to the species that are often not found anywhere else in the world, such as marine iguanas, tropical penguins, giant tortoises and blue-footed boobies. In addition, the animals were not known to humans as predators, and therefore are not afraid with people and other animals. This means you can observe up close and personal way, because they let you.
2. Biodiversity – With 46 different ecosystems, Ecuador is one of the most biodiverse in the world, not only in the Galapagos Islands which are World Heritage declared by Unesco, but also on the continent. Ecuador has more than 1600 species of birds, which is more per kilometer than any other country in South America. In addition, Ecuador has 4,500 types of butterflies, more than 3,000 species of orchids and a total of more than 25,000 species of plants, which is 10% of the world. Ecuador offers many opportunities to observe all its biodiversity, through national parks and ecotourism.
3. Geographic Diversity – Although this factor is related to biodiversity, not quite the same. Ecuador has four regions: Galapagos Islands, Coast, Andes, and Amazon basin. Each region has its own weather activities, flora, fauna and spectacular scenery. This geographical diversity packed into a single country, means that on a trip to Ecuador, you can snorkel with sea lions, lounging on the beach, climb to the top of a mountain covered with snow, and canoeing down a river of the Amazon rainforest, all in less than 1 hour of flight between each destination. This makes it ideal to Ecuador, for those travelers who can not decide on where to go at the next visit and just want to do everything.
4. Cultural Diversity – In addition to the biodiversity of Ecuador, is also very diverse culturally. Approximately 65% ??of the population is mestizo, that is, a mixture of Indian and Spanish, while 25% are indigenous, and the remaining 10% are of other ethnicities, including people of African descent. There are 15 recognized indigenous groups in Ecuador, who speak 11 different languages. These groups vary widely depending on geographical region and each has its own special customs and traditions to share.
5. Small size – The best things come in small packages and this is certainly the case in Ecuador. Not only Ecuador has all the diversity mentioned in the last three points but is in an area the size of the state of Nevada or the United Kingdom and Belgium. This means it is easy to explore this diversity in a short period of time and makes traveling within the country is fast and flexible. Larger countries, the main attractions are scattered, and require careful planning to visit all that the traveler wants. However, in Ecuador, there is nothing further than a bus ride of 14 hours from the capital, thus making your travel planning as flexible as possible.
6. Great weather – Being on the equator, Ecuador has relatively the same weather all year. Of course, climate and temperature change between different regions and altitudes, but in general, Ecuador offers very good weather all year. The highland region is very warm, as it is in the line of Ecuador, but higher, giving a climate much like spring. This can sometimes mean rainfall, but usually it is sunny all year round. The coast and the Amazon are much warmer, but also fairly constant throughout the year. All this means that there’s never a bad time to visit Ecuador.
7. Friendly people – Ecuadorians are naturally friendly and helpful. Enjoy receiving visitors at home and are proud that foreigners traveling to Ecuador. Therefore, the Ecuadorians are happy to help if lost or just looking for advice on where to go and how to get there. In many of the smaller, family-run hotels and hostels, guests are treated like family and are truly served by the owners. During the visit to Ecuador, one will feel at home, making this a relaxing trip.
8. The Art – Ecuador is also a great place to experience art and has been for centuries. During the colonial period, the Quito School of Art, had a special style, reflecting the mix and clash of cultures that occurred during colonization, with clear hints that incorporate indigenous Catholic religious works. Quito is the birthplace of renowned artist Oswaldo Guayasamin, whose art also has a clear touch of Latin America. Additionally, many craft markets throughout Ecuador, which displays the new and old crafts of indigenous communities.
9. Put your feet in the 2 hemispheres. In Ecuador you can put your feet in the two hemispheres, North and South at the same time, it is the only country where we have defined the place where you spend the equatorial line. - Ecuador is the only country that offers the opportunity to visit the place where the French scientists of the seventeenth century Geodetic Commission, first measured the equator in 1735 to determine the circumference of the Earth. The site now houses a monument and museum allows visitors to touch the equator and learn about its historical significance.
10. Dollarization – In 2000, Ecuador adopted the U.S. dollar as official currency, due to extreme problems with inflation at that time. This has helped to stabilize Ecuador’s economy and benefit the traveler. If traveling from another country, you are given the security of knowing that your money is in one of the major world currencies and not exposed to a rapid devaluation during the trip.
These are just the main reasons to visit Ecuador, from a list that goes on and on. So what are you waiting for? Come enjoy everything that Ecuador has to offer!
Términos PopularesAeropuerto Bartolomé conservacion Darwin Deals Ecuador ekwador Energia energía eólica equador Equipo Española Evolution Fernandina Fly Galapagos Genovesa geografica Geographic Guayaquil Historia Isabela Island Islands Islas Isla Santa Cruz location medio ambiente Puerto Ayora Quito reciclaje Recycling renovable SailBoat San Cristobal San Salvador Santa María Tour Tourist Tours Trip Tsunami Turista Ubicacion Visitantes